- I’m leading the Diverse Speaker Training group in the WordPress.org Community Team with a 50% sponsorship from Automattic. We have a 4-hour workshop that encourages folks from underrepresented groups to speak at WordPress events. WordCamps typically start at 10% or less speakers of underrepresented groups, and within months of running the workshop, most have 50% or more diverse speakers!
- I was the December 2019’s feature for People of WordPress on wordpress.org news!
- I’m expanding to help more technologies with this impactful work. My business, Diverse In Tech, helps tech conferences and companies get more diverse voices on stage and in meetings with a proven system. Check out our 3-minute promo video.
- I just had a Diverse Speaker Workshop for Drupal on November 16th, 2019, and have one coming up for Magento in January & May 2020. At their first workshops earlier in 2019, their participants reported a 66% and 47% increase in public speaking confidence, respectively!
- I’m dabbling sometimes in making website tools to help people be more awesome (thing.do) or do useful things (isthemovielikethebook.com).
- Some of the other things I’m currently loving: introvert adventures, minimalism, travel, art, octopodes
- I’m splitting my time between beautiful-loud Vancouver, BC and beautiful-quiet Vernon, BC.
2019 has been quite a year so far!